- Michaela Bates Shares ‘Phenomenal’ Month With Husband - March 1, 2024
- ‘Counting On’ Josh Duggar Shocks With New Petition - February 29, 2024
- ‘Bringing Up Bates’ Fans Worry For Alyssa Bates’ New ‘Massive’ Tradition - February 28, 2024
Counting On alum Anna Duggar has been silent since the conviction of her husband, Josh. The 35-year-old deleted her IG page and hasn’t been participating in Duggar family get-togethers. She supported her husband throughout his trials. But the mother of seven made a lot of fans curious after hinting that there’s more to the story. Recently, some Redditors discussed what her message could mean. Keep reading to see what happened to Anna’s cryptic post.
Counting On: Where Is Anna Duggar Today?
One of the latest sightings of Anna was during her grandfather’s funeral in October 2023. The former Counting On star was seen with some of her kids during the sad family event. Many were surprised by how big some of her children had become. Meanwhile, some Redditors noticed that Anna looked like an “entirely different” person and less stressed. Others agreed and speculated that she may be doing well in life today and has finally accepted the fate of her husband.
- “I think that’s the most genuine smile I’ve ever seen on Anna’s face.”
- “I was skeptical on a previous post where everyone was saying Anna looks happier, or at least more relaxed, but I actually agree with this. She doesn’t have that forced, exhausted smile/thousand yard stare.”
- “She may also seem happier because she is with her own family. Sometimes, we are a lot more relaxed with our own family.”
What Happened To Anna’s Cryptic Post?
Some Reddit users shared their thoughts on Anna’s old post, saying, “There’s more to the story,” amid her husband’s conviction. The Counting On alum even shared a link that leads to a document about a motion filed by Josh’s legal team requesting a new trial. According to the Redditors, it seems Anna Duggar wanted to speak out and reveal more details about her husband but couldn’t find the courage. Here are some comments she received.
- “Does any one remember Anna’s “there’s more to the story” post? Did we ever get more of the story? What happened to that?”
- “I don’t doubt there’s more to the story. But not what Anna wants us to know.”
- “Oh there’s for sure “more to the story” but that story simply consists of the lies and manipulation from Josh…I’m sure he came up with some b*****t explanation that she’s clinging on to.”
- “Who knows. Anna is a victim but she’s also an enabler, and aside from all of that—she isn’t very smart.”
Others still can’t believe that Anna sided with the oldest Duggar child instead of leaving him. Though many believe that she doesn’t have a choice as she needs support for her seven children.
Counting On: Josh Duggar’s Appeal Denied
Josh has also been taking steps in the hopes of overturning his conviction. According to reports, the Counting On alum filed for an appeal in October 2023. However, his request was shut down, and he will continue to serve his sentence until October 2032. His initial release was supposed to be in August 2032. But his jail time was increased after he was caught with a contraband phone.