Small businesses all around the United States and also in other parts of the world use the Square app to process their payments. This has been down most of the day and is still not up, which is causing all kinds of issues. So when will Square be fixed? Nobody seems to know. Cash App is also down causing problems.
Square Shares Update On Twitter
Square shared an update on Twitter about what is going on, but this was four hours ago. It said, “We are currently experiencing issues with multiple Square services. We understand how important it is for your business that our services be up and running, and we are actively working toward a fix.
We’ll keep you updated at http://issquareup.com as we learn more.”
When you click this link, the last update was a couple of hours ago and says that they are still working on it. At this time, Square is still not up.
We are currently experiencing issues with multiple Square services. We understand how important it is for your business that our services be up and running, and we are actively working toward a fix.
We’ll keep you updated at https://t.co/tZnnkr57aK as we learn more.
— Square (@Square) September 7, 2023
Businesses Are Upset
Businesses are very upset on the post on Twitter. Here is what a few of them had to say about Square being down today:
- Will you refund all of the offline payments that need to be taken?!?
- Absolutely deplorable communication processes, crisis management and customer service. Total failure across the platform. Destroying businesses. Unacceptable. Hopefully there is some accountability. Please provide some true insight so businesses can make plans for the weekend
- Just to be clear, I’m not asking fees to be refunded. It’s a much bigger risk to our business to process unverified card transactions because
is down. Asking us to bear the cost of declined cards could turn into a lot of lost $.
- Square, you are going to have to compensate those of us who have been hurt by this. I’ve been down for my entire busy shift. We are talking untold thousands, and I’m sure others are losing even more. As a former financial services IT pro, how are you failing so badly with disaster recovery? Did you train for this? How are your backup data centers not coming online to pick up the slack? Did you not have proper separation between different IT departments? Do you not have proper version control with your code? This is unacceptable.
- I processed a manual payment a few moments ago. Said it went through, but I do not see it on my end. Anyone else?
— Square (@Square) August 29, 2023
Have you been having issues with the Square app being down today? Sound off in the comments below.