[Credit: YouTube]
News, Royals

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Will Not Return To Senior Royal Duties

Chanel Adams

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have royal watchers questioning their moves lately. Last year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped down from their senior royal duties. The couple said they wanted to live a private lifestyle. Also, they want to earn their money independently.

Since then, the couple made their big move to Los Angeles, California. Some would argue that the city is not a place of privacy. The duo also appears to be floundering around when it comes to their projects. Entertainment Chronicle reported about their Archewell podcast, which only has one episode as of December 2020.

But they still have no intentions of returning to their royal responsibilities.

Prince Harry and Meghan have no intentions of returning

According to CNN, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told Queen Elizabeth that they will not return to working members of the British royal family. Buckingham Palace announced on Friday, February 19. Hopefully, that means Harry and Meghan will release another podcast episode soon. Fans are getting restless on social media and are curious to see what they do next.

Because of this, the palace will revoke the honorary military appointments and royal patronages previously held by them. Instead, they will be redistributed among the other working members of the royal family, the palace said a statement to the media.

Also, the Queen has “written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family, it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service,” the statement reads.

“While are all saddened by their decision, the Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family,” the palace continued.

In January 2020, Harry and Meghan stepped back from their official royal duties. At the end of March, they started making their move to North America. At first, Meghan moved to her native of Canada. But the couple ended up in California.

What’s next for the Royals?

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have launched their new media ventures. Earlier this week, they announced that they will have their first post-exit interview with Oprah Winfrey. It’s their first sit-down appearance since leaving the royal family. On Friday, their spokesperson said that the couple will “remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world.”

As a result, they have “offered their continued support to the organizations they have represented regardless of their official role.” Their spokesperson added that “Service is universal.” This shocking announcement comes after the couple confirmed they are expecting their second child.

The Queen is dealing with a lot this week as well. Her husband, Prince Philip, is still in a London hospital as a “precautionary measure” after reportedly feeling unwell. There are also whispers that Kate Middleton and Prince William are trying for their fourth child.

What are your thoughts on Meghan and Harry not returning to their royal roles? Sound off below in the comments.

Articles You May Like

Fans Call Out Jessa Duggar For Putting Kids’ Lives In Danger
‘Counting On’ The Truth Behind Jinger Duggar’s Husband’s Career
‘Bringing Up Bates’ Erin Bates Brings Back Son Carson’s Real Name
Kelly Jo Bates Pours Heart In Latest Life Lessons With Erin
‘Bringing Up Bates’ Katie Bates Shares Alarming Update Amid Travis’ Tour

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *