The interview between Oprah Winfrey and Meghan Markle and Prince Harry has caused major fallout. However, it seems that Prince Philip is unaware of the drama that has come from the interview. Philip has recently been released from the hospital after a month’s stay. The royal family wishes to protect him from the potential fallout from the interview.
Prince Philip unaware of royal drama from Oprah interview
Royal reporter Katie Nicholl told 9Honey that the Royal family is keen that Prince Philip is not aware of the full extent of the interview. She said it is, of course, “impossible for him to completely avoid it.” Obviously, there are many news articles in print and online on the subject. Despite this, Nicholl said that every effort is being made to protect the prince from the “full force of the fallout.”
Among the bombshells dropped during the chat with Oprah, both Harry and Meghan said they felt unsupported by the palace. According to Markle, her mental health issues had been dismissed by senior courtiers. On top of this, Meghan mentioned a member of the royal family voicing concern over Archie’s skin color when she was pregnant.
The Royal family has been in touch with Meghan and Harry following the bombshell chat with Oprah. However, their conversations have not been particularly productive. Gayle King recently spoke about the story on CBS in the Morning. King called Meghan and Harry and confirmed that the prince has spoken with his brother, William, and his father, Charles.
Meghan and Harry ‘want healing’
King also stressed that Meghan and Harry need “healing.” She pointed out that, at the end of the day, this is Harry’s family. However, Gayle confirmed that no one in the Royal family has spoken to Meghan at this time.
Buckingham Palace did release a statement relating to the major backlash from Oprah’s interview. Reportedly, the whole family was saddened to learn the full extent of the challenges faced by Harry and Meghan. Moreover, the issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. The statement did say that while some recollections may vary, the issues will be taken very seriously. However, these issues will be “addressed by the family privately.”
BREAKING: Buckingham Palace releases statement on behalf of Queen Elizabeth following Prince Harry and Meghan's interview, saying, "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan." https://t.co/6k5NR1em41 pic.twitter.com/TCekWLqQau
— ABC News (@ABC) March 9, 2021
The statement ended with the words, “Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”
Since the airing of Oprah with Meghan and Harry, Senior Royals have been in crisis talks with palace aides. They wish to work out the best way to handle the public fallout from the bombshell interview.
Now, the Royal family and palace aides are more concerned about protecting Prince Philip. The full fallout from the bombshell interview would be stressful for the Senior Royal after his health scare.